While owning your own restaurant may sound glamorous, the dedication behind the scenes is what really makes a business succeed. One of the biggest concerns facing owners and managers can be staying compliant with HACCP food safety regulations for restaurants.
HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) regulations involve food safety and temperature monitoring. Using a food safety management program ensures that, as a proud restaurant owner, you are responsible and only serve safe food. But how can you be sure you’re following best practices? By following a standardized checklist!
How Will a Food Safety Checklist Keep My Restaurant Compliant?
A checklist is the easiest way to ensure you’re doing the best you can for both your customers and your employees. Following a regular checklist holds both you and your employees responsible for food safety and establishes a routine that puts safety awareness at the forefront.
Ingredients can be subject to spoilage from several factors, including temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure.1 Following a restaurant food safety checklist makes it easy to monitor and prevent food from going bad – spoiled food is lost profit for your restaurant, and potential illness for your customers.
What Is the HACCP Checklist for Food Safety?
The HACCP standards checklist for food safety reviews the items that need to be checked for a restaurant to be HACCP compliant. While following the HACCP is voluntary, staying compliant guarantees that your restaurant is safe and living up to the expectations your customers demand.
The HACCP checklist builds upon foundational practices in the industry and guides you through implementing best practices in your restaurant.
A thorough checklist includes:
- Time and food temperature logs: regularly scheduled reports done to verify that your equipment is working and within regulations
- Operation-specific lists: reminders for opening and closing shifts, tasks unique to your business
- Warming and cooling logs: data that you record and can discuss with employees and health inspectors as needed
- Cleaning compliance lists: recording and establishing regular (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly) cleaning tasks
- Time and Date Stamped: All entries are timed and date stamped and cannot be altered by the user.
What Are the Advantages of Staying HACCP Compliant?
Some of the advantages of staying HACCP compliant are2:
- Increased employee awareness and involvement in food safety
- Better control over food inventory
- Consistency in food preparation
- Reduced profit loss due to food spoilage
- Increased food quality
How Can I Best Implement the HACCP Checklist for My Restaurant?
One of the easiest ways to implement a fast food restaurant safety management plan is to use a compliance and temperature monitoring company that offers a range of checklists and resources. Streamlining the food safety aspect of your business makes it easier to focus on building a brand, giving you more time and less worry.
ComplianceMate supports your restaurant by providing proactive and comprehensive, 24/7 wireless food safety temperature monitoring systems that eliminate human error, keeping your customers safe and giving you piece of mind. ComplianceMate also offers training for you and your staff, and customized lists to help your business run smoothly. Schedule a free demo by calling 678-526-4628.